How to Make Beaded Flowers – Learn how to make beaded flowers with this step-by-step guide.
Checkout this video:
Beaded flowers are a beautiful way to add a personal touch to any craft project. They can be used to decorate clothing, jewelry, ornaments, and much more. Making beaded flowers is a relatively simple process that just requires a little patience and practice. With a few basic supplies, you will be able to create all sorts of lovely beaded flowers.
Tools and Materials
-Tape measure or ruler
-6 lb. clear beading thread
-2mm beads in three colors
-3mm beads in two colors
-4mm beads in one color
1. Start by threading your needle with about two feet of beading thread. Knot the end, and then trim the excess.
2. Next, string on eleven 2mm beads in your first color. These will be the petals of your flower. Once you have all eleven beads on, take your needle and thread it back through the first six beads (leaving a small loop at the top). Pull tight so that the petals start to curl inward.
3. Now, string on five 3mm beads in your second color. These will be the stamens of your flower, and they should be positioned in the center of the petals. Once you have all five stamens on, take your needle and thread it back through the first three beads. Pull tight so that they are securely in place.
4. Finally, string on six 4mm beads in your third color. These will be the outermost layer of petals for your flower, and they should be positioned around the stamens. Once you have all six beads on, take your needle and thread it back through the first three beads (leaving a small loop at the top). Pull tight so that the outer petals start to curl inward, and then knot off the end of your thread to secure everything in place
Making a Beaded Flower
You will need:
-Beads of your choice (I used 6mm glass beads)
-Thread or wire
1. String your beads onto the thread or wire, leaving a tail of about 10 inches. You can make your flower as big or small as you like, but I found that using between 20 and 30 beads worked well.
2. Once all your beads are strung, tie a knot at the end of the thread to secure them. Make sure the knot is tight so that your beads don’t slip off.
3. Now it’s time to start making the petals of your flower. To do this, take the tail of the thread and start looping it around the outside bead, moving inwards towards the center of the flower. Keep going until you’ve made 5 or 6 petals.
4. Once you’ve made all your petals, snip off the excess thread and tie a knot to secure everything in place. You can now admire your handiwork!
Adding a Stem
Cut a length of thread or wire about 12 inches long. Fold the wire in half and slip on a bead. Continue adding beads until the flower is the size you want. Make sure to leave enough wire at the end to form a loop. Finish by slipping on one last bead and doubling back through all the beads to secure them in place.
Finishing the Flower
To finish the flower, thread the needle with a 6-inch (15 cm) piece of thread. Knot the end of the thread, then sew through the center of the flower. Trim the thread, leaving a small tail.
There are many ways to make beaded flowers, and the variations are limited only by your imagination. You can use different colors and sizes of beads to create different effects, and you can add leaves, stems, or other embellishments to make your flowers more realistic. You can also vary the shape of your flowers by changing the number and placement of beads in each row.
One simple variation is to make a multi-colored flower by stringing beads of two or more colors onto each wire. To make a two-colored flower, string half of the beads in one color onto the wire, then add the other color. String the beads in an alternating pattern until you reach the desired length. For a three-colored flower, string one third of the beads in each color. Again, string the beads in an alternating pattern. You can also make a four- or five-colored flower by adding more colors of beads.
Another way to change the appearance of your flowers is to use different sizes of beads. For example, you could use small seed beads for the center of the flower and larger bugle beads for the petals. Or you could use all small seed beads for a delicate effect, or all large bugle beads for a bolder look.
You can also add leaves, stems, or other embellishments to your flowers to give them more dimension and realism. Leaves can be made by stringing two or three seed beads onto a short length of wire and then shaping them into a teardrop shape with round-nose pliers. To add a stem, simply string one or two seed beads onto a longer length of wire before adding the petals. You can also wrap wire around the center of the flower to give it more texture, or add a bead at the center for extra interest.
Tips and Tricks
Beaded flowers are a beautiful way to add a special touch to any project, whether you’re looking to create a work of art or simply accentuate a piece of clothing. While they may seem daunting at first, beaded flowers are actually quite easy to make once you get the hang of it. With a little practice, you’ll be able to create stunning beaded flowers in no time!
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get started:
-Start with a small bead. This will be the center of your flower, so choose something that you like the look of.
-Add beads around the center bead until you have the desired number of petals for your flower. For a simple flower, 5 petals should suffice.
-Once you’ve added all of the petals, take a moment to step back and admire your work! If you’re happy with the way it looks, proceed to the next step. If not, simply remove one or more beads until you’re satisfied with the results.
-Now it’s time to add some leaves. Start by adding two beads side by side at the bottom of your flower.
-Continue adding leaves until you’re happy with the results. Again, feel free to remove any beads that don’t look quite right.
-Once you’ve added all of the leaves, your flower is complete! You can now attach it to whatever project you like.
In order to make beaded flowers, you will need the following supplies:
-Beads in various colors and sizes
– needle nose pliers
You will also need a few tools to help with the beadwork:
-a straight pin or toothpick to poke holes in the beads
-beading needle or dental floss threader to string the beads onto the wire.
Start by threading a few beads onto the wire. You can make your flowers as big or small as you like, so use as many beads as you need. Once you have a few beads on, begin bending the wire into a loop. Make sure that the loop is big enough to fit snugly around the bead, but not so big that it will slide off easily. Secure the end of the wire by wrapping it around itself a few times and snipping off any excess with your scissors.