Love the look of paper flowers, but don’t know how to make them? This tutorial shows you the easy way to make beautiful paper flowers.
Checkout this video:
In this tutorial, you will learn how to make paper flowers using the easy way. This method is suitable for those who are not very familiar with flower-making. With this method, you will be able to create beautiful flowers in just a few minutes!
What You’ll Need
To make your own paper flowers, you’ll need:
-Paper in your choice of colors and patterns
-Ruler or measuring tape
-Wire or floral tape
-Floral wire (optional)
-Hot glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
With just a few basic supplies, you can make paper flowers in any color or variety you like!
Paper flowers are a beautiful addition to any event. They’re perfect for weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, birthday parties, and more. Making them is easier than you might think! With this step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to create your own paper flowers in no time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-Paper (any type will do, but construction paper or cardstock will be sturdier)
-Glue (a glue stick or clear adhesive will work best)
-Pipe cleaners (optional)
1. Begin by cutting your paper into strips. The width of the strips will determine the size of your finished flower, so keep that in mind when you’re cutting. For a small flower, start with strips that are 1-2 inches wide. For a larger flower, cut strips that are 3-4 inches wide.
2. Once you have your strips cut, it’s time to start folding! Take one strip and make a accordion fold by folding the paper back and forth in equal sections. The number of folds you make will determine the fullness of your flower, so make as many or as few as you like. Once you’re finished folding, glue the end of the strip together to secure it.
3. Now it’s time to turn your accordion fold into a spiral! Start at the glued end of the strip and begin wrapping it around itself, spiraling inward as you go. Continue until you’ve reached the end of the strip or the center of your spiral is as small as you’d like it to be. Glue the end of the strip in place to secure it.
4. Once your spiral is complete, gently push each “petal” outward to give your flower some shape and dimension. If desired, add a pipe cleaner stem by slipping it through the center of your spiral and twisting it in place. And that’s it! Your paper flower is complete.
Tips and Tricks
If you want to make beautiful paper flowers, there are a few tips and tricks that will help you get the best results.
Choose high-quality paper. This will make a big difference in the overall look of your flowers.
Experiment with different types of paper. Use tissue paper, crepe paper, or even construction paper to create different effects.
Use a sharp pair of scissors. This will allow you to get clean, precise cuts.
Use a bone folder to crease your paper. This will give your flowers a professional finish.
Take your time. Don’t rush the process. Enjoy the process of creating something beautiful!
To make your own paper flowers, you will need:
-Paper (we recommend using cardstock or construction paper)
-Markers or crayons (optional)
1. Cut a strip of paper about 1 inch wide and 8 inches long. Fold the strip in half lengthwise.
2. Draw a simple flower shape on one end of the strip and cut it out. Unfold the paper strip and you should now have two identical flower shapes.
3. To create the petals, make a small cut along the curved edge of each flower shape.
4. Starting at the center of each flower, roll up each petal towards the outside. Tape the petals in place.
5. optional: Decorate your flowers with markers or crayons.
6. Tape your flowers to a piece of paper or display them in a vase!