Tissue Paper Flowers are the perfect spring craft. They are easy and inexpensive to make, and they look beautiful. This tutorial will show you how to make tissue paper flowers.
Checkout this video:
Tissue paper flowers make great decorations and party favors. They’re easy to make and you can customize the colors to match your event. You can also make them in advance so you’re not rushed when you need them. This tutorial will show you how to make five different types of tissue paper flowers.
What You’ll Need
-Tissue paper in the colors of your choice
1. Start by cutting 6 to 8 inch squares out of the tissue paper. You will need two squares for each flower you make.
2. Fold the tissue paper in half, and then fold it in half again. Then, starting at the folded edge, cut approximately 1/2 inch strips up toward the open edge. Make sure not to cut all the way to the edge, or your strips will fall off.
3. Unfold the tissue paper and you should now have a stack of tissue paper strips that are all attached at one end.
4. Take two strips and hold them together so that the uncut edges are facing out. Twist them together in the middle a couple of times and then fold them in half so that they look like a bow tie. This will be the center of your flower.
5. To make the petals, take four strips and hold them together at one end. Separate them into two pairs and twist each pair in the middle a couple times before folding them back in half so that they look like bow ties as well. These will be your petals.
6. To assemble your flower, start by hot gluing or taping your petals around the center piece, attaching them at the twisted portion in the middle. Continue adding petals until your flower is full.
7. Once all your petals are attached, fluff them out a bit and then twist a length of floral wire around the base of the flower, just under where all the petals are attached. Tape or glue this down as well if desired
Create beautiful tissue paper flowers in minutes with this step-by-step tutorial. Just a few simple folds and you can make these pretty flowers in any color you like.
What You’ll Need:
1. Start with a square piece of tissue paper. Fold it in half, then fold it in half again. You should now have a long, thin strip of tissue paper.
2. Fold the strip of tissue paper in half lengthwise, then cut along the folded edge to create two strips of equal length.
3. Take one strip of tissue paper and make 2-3 accordion folds, each about 1” wide. Repeat with the other strip of tissue paper.
4. Place the two strips of tissue paper side by side and tape them together at one end.
5. Cut a 6” piece of wire and twist it around the center of the strips of tissue paper, just below the taped end. This will form the stem of your flower.
6. Carefully pull the top layer of tissue paper up and away from the rest of the stack, forming a petal shape as you go. Repeat with the other layers until all the tissue paper has been pulled away from the center and formed into petals.
7. Fluff out the individual petals to create a full, beautiful flower!
Tips and Tricks
-Start with a stack of about 10 sheets of tissue paper. The more sheets you use, the fuller your flower will be.
-Fold your stack of tissue paper in half vertically, then in half again. Keep folding until you have a strip that is about 4 inches wide.
-Cut the strip into strips that are about 1 inch wide. You should end up with around 40 strips.
-Stack the strips on top of each other and curl them into a tight spiral.
-Tie a piece of string or wire around the center of the spiral to hold it together, then fluff out the individual strips to create your flower.
Great job! You’ve made it to the end of this guide on how to make tissue paper flowers. Flowers are such a fun and easy way to decorate for any occasion, and tissue paper flowers are a beautiful addition to any event. We hope you’ll use this guide the next time you need to make some decorations!