In this watercolor tutorial, I’ll show you how to make three different floral cards. These are perfect for spring and Mother’s Day!
Checkout this video:
Watercolor painting is a fun and easy way to create beautiful cards for any occasion. In this tutorial, we will show you how to make watercolor cards with flowers step by step. You will need watercolor paints, a paintbrush, white cardstock, and a black pen.
1. Begin by sketching the outline of your flower on the cardstock with the black pen.
2. Next, use the watercolor paints to fill in the flower. Start with the lightest color and then add darker colors as desired.
3. Once the flower is complete, let it dry completely before adding any additional details with the black pen.
4. Finally, cut out the flower and affix it to the front of your card.
With just a few simple supplies, you can create gorgeous watercolor cards that are sure to impress friends and family!
What You Need
1. Start by sketching your design on watercolor paper with a pencil.
2. Next, paint over your pencil lines with watercolors.
3. Once your design is complete, allow it to dry completely.
4. Then, using a scissors, cut out your design along the pencil lines.
5. Finally, insert your card into an envelope and mail it off!
Step One: Preparing the Flowers
Start by finding some pretty flowers. You can grow your own, or buy them from a florist. Try to choose blooms that are not too thick or dense, so the paint will be able to penetrate the petals and create a nice effect. Once you have your flowers, cut them from the stem, leaving about an inch of stem attached. Then, gently pull off any leaves that will be below the waterline in your vase.
Step Two: Applying the Watercolor
Now that your flowers are all dry, it’s time to apply the watercolor. Begin by painting the lightest color on the flowers first. Once the lightest color is applied, you can begin to add in the next darkest color. Use a light touch when adding in the darker colors, as you don’t want to completely cover up the lighter colors. Continue until all of the colors are applied to your liking. Allow the paint to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Step Three: Adding the Finishing Touches
Now that the flowers are dry, it’s time to add the finishing touches to your watercolor cards! In this step, you will need:
-A black pen
-A white gel pen
First, use the black pen to outline the flowers. Be sure to go over any areas that may have been missed when painting. Next, use the white gel pen to add highlights to the center of each flower. Finally, cut out each individual flower using scissors. You can then arrange the flowers on the card however you like!
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make watercolor cards with flowers! This is a great project for beginners and advanced crafters alike. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different color combinations and techniques. Remember, there are no rules when it comes to art – so let your creativity flow!